Search This Blog

Monday 7 December 2009

The Rolling Stones (Mono) (1964)




This is the first UK album by the Stones, and despite the covers heavy tracklisting, it's one of their best. At the start the band were blues and R&B evangelists, most people in Britain and America were unaware of Jimmy Reed, Bo Diddley and Muddy Waters, the Stones soon changed that by making that music popular and telling their public to check out the original versions. Route 66, I Just Wanna Make Love To You, Carol, Honest I Do, none of these songs were written by the band, but the interpretations are all their own. This is a fine rock and roll album, and one you should get your kicks on...

Download it here

1. "Route 66" (Bobby Troup)
2. "I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon)
3. "Honest I Do" (Jimmy Reed)
4. "Mona (I Need You Baby)" (Ellas McDaniel)
5. "Now I've Got a Witness" (Nanker Phelge)
6. "Little by Little" (Nanker Phelge/Phil Spector)
7. "I'm a King Bee" (Slim Harpo)
8. "Carol" (Chuck Berry)
9. "Tell Me" (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards)
10."Can I Get a Witness" (Brian Holland/Lamont Dozier/Eddie Holland)
11."You Can Make It If You Try" (Ted Jarrett)
12."Walking the Dog" (Rufus Thomas)

No comments:

Post a Comment