Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Rolling Stones No.2 (Mono) (1964) (Re-post)


The second Stones album carries on where the first left off, though not as good as the debut, this still has has many great tracks on it. Down The Road Apiece, Down Home Girl, Time Is On My Side, there's plenty to recommend it, but tracks like Solomon Burke's Everybody Needs Somebody To Love or The Drifter's Under The Boardwalk are a little out of their league. For the most part this is a good album, much better than it's butchered US counterparts 12x5 and Now!

1. "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" (Solomon Burke/Bert Berns/Jerry Wexler)
2. "Down Home Girl" (Jerry Leiber/Arthur Butler)
3. "You Can't Catch Me" (Chuck Berry)
4. "Time Is on My Side" (Jerry Ragovoy)
5. "What a Shame"
6. "Grown Up Wrong"
7. "Down the Road Apiece" (Don Raye)
8. "Under the Boardwalk" (Arthur Resnick/Kenny Young)
9. "I Can't Be Satisfied" (Muddy Waters)
10."Pain in My Heart" (Allen Toussaint)
11."Off the Hook"
12."Susie Q" (Dale Hawkins/Stan Lewis/Eleanor Broadwater)

Download it here

1 comment:

  1. Hey.

    Thanks for posting these albums and EP's. I remember buying this one on the day of release. Most of the others I had to save up for. I was still at school in Edinburgh, Scotland in those days. What a joy to hear this again after so many years, my old vinyl being long gone.

    I'll be downloading the whole lot asap. Great work guys. Thanks a lot.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete